Anyone involved in the freelance writing world knows that it’s constantly evolving. Pressure from Google, user behavior, industry changes, and the needs of your company all combine into a constant need to innovate, learn, and grow.
Luckily, you’re not alone. No matter where you are in your journey, from newcomer to experienced professional, as a writer or a publisher, there are people out there who can help you learn. That’s where we come in.
We don’t claim to be perfect. We’re always learning too. We’re also constantly working to develop new resources for all of you, covering anything you could want to know about freelance writing, hiring writers, and producing content.
This page aims to be a go-to resource for everyone, from novices to experts. We all have opportunities to learn from each other. So, if you have a question or want to know something we haven’t covered (or if you know of a great resource or course you’ve learned from), just drop us a line.
Be sure to check back often; we plan to keep this page updated with top-of-the-line content from around the web.
Guides and Tips from FreelanceWritingJobs.com
First up, here are a bunch of the guides and resource articles that we’ve published right here on FreelanceWritingJobs.
This is just a sample of the content in our blog, so be sure to check it out for anything that catches your eye!
- [Guide] How to Outsource Your Content Writing Successfully – As a business owner, you likely don’t have the time to hand-hold your marketing. Yet, producing high-quality content takes time and effort, so it shouldn’t be handed off to the lowest bidder. If you want to successfully outsource your content writing, look no further.
- [Guide] How to Write the Best Freelance Writer Job Description – Sooner or later, you’re going to need to hire a writer. While you can always take the easy shortcut and visit my job board, you still need to know what to post to attract the best writers to your listing. This guide teaches you everything you need to know about writing an attractive job description to attract writers.
- [Guide] How to Hire a Writer to Ghostwrite Your Book for You – Are you a thought leader? Do you have an idea for a novel that you’ve never been able to write? Do you want a top-tier upsell for your marketing channels? No matter why you want to write a book or what kind of book it is, there are experts out there who are more than willing to write it for you. All you need to know is how to find them.
- 15 Interview Tips for Businesses Hiring a Freelance Writer – Hiring a writer is about more than just a job application or a portfolio review. We’ve compiled 15 of our best tips for interviewing a freelance writer, when you’re looking to hire someone to handle your writing.
- How to Give New Freelance Writers a Writing Test (With Tips) – In many skilled and creative positions, the proof is in the pudding. It doesn’t matter how good a writer looks on paper or sounds over the phone; they need to be able to produce quality content. The only way to see what they can do is to give them a writing test. Here’s how to do so and what to look for in the results.
Resources From Around the Web
Obviously, we’re not the only authority on freelance writing. No matter what your skill level, there are experts out there who can teach you something you never knew. Maybe it relates to marketing, or to the craft of writing, or to the act of hiring; whatever the case, whenever we find an excellent course we think would be helpful, we’ll add it to this page. If you know of one that helped you out, let us know!
- Content Marketing University – The training arm of Content Marketing Institute. This comprehensive course set is aimed at business owners who want to take their content marketing to the next level, no matter what that next level may be. Powered by dozens of top-tier experts, you can rely on the expertise presented in these courses.
- Freelance to 5K – This is a course designed for the thousands of writers, bloggers, and fledgling marketers struggling to break into content marketing. Even business owners who want to dip their toes into content marketing can learn something about both the writing and business sides of the industry from this course. Check it out!
- Masterclass – Have you ever wished you could learn directly from an expert? Masterclass allows experts in any field to share their expertise in the form of a course. Writers and marketers can find many of the big names, from Malcolm Gladwell to Margaret Atwood to Neil Gaiman to hundreds more, all of whom have something to teach you about writing, editing, marketing, working with freelancers, or some other aspect of the industry. There’s something for everyone here.
- Coursera – Much like Masterclass, Coursera allows experts in any industry to create courses for virtually anything. The linked course is provided by the University of Minnesota and focuses on recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new employees; it’s full of information that can help you hire and onboard a new writer. There are tons of other courses on the site as well, so browse around for anything you might want to learn.
Once again, if you have questions you want answered, or have a course you took that helped you out, drop us a line; we’re always open to hearing about top-tier resources that can help us all.